4.18.2006

Jay Leno ain't got nothing on SoulReaper

Two hilarious things came my way at work recently, and I had to share them. First, this was at the top of a press release from a local library. Only one of these variations on the program title is a typo:


The other was a promotional image for an antique toy fair. The accompanying press release tried to piggyback an "Easter" theme, even though the event doesn't happen until this coming weekend. Either way, this picture is rude:

My advice to publicists? Always proofread and check for inappropriate phalluses. ZING!

There's a new Dismember record, and it has been bashing my head in for days. Listen to the soothing strains of "Shadows of the Mutilated" and understand that the Swedes, they are your masters.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

**wiping coffee off keyboard**

7:54 AM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger Chuck Ferrara said...

Awesome. I'll have to dig out and scan this press photo I have of a fire commissioner reading to a bunch of kids from a book he's holding upside-down. j.ko, you remember that one.

It reminds me of a cover letter I wrote to Herschell Gordon Lewis about our product line - my boss forgot to add the rest of our press kit, which I referred to throughout the letter, and HGL actually called me. He mentioned how important it is to grab someone's attention, and that our little mistake worked.

12:29 PM, April 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I had forgotten about that! That was HILARIOUS.

8:36 AM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff! Look!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060425/film_nm/leisure_heavymetal_dc

12:52 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger SoulReaper said...

Thanks, barb. The whole link isn't there, but I figured out you were referring to the story about "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey." I think it was screened here recently, but I unfortunately did not see it.

7:34 PM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home