8.14.2005

Vibration of my thoughts

Well, I spoke too soon. Just when it seemed everyone was having a shitty week but me, I got screwed out of seeing Gigantour. Internet gripes that Dave Mustaine's alternative to Ozzfest is an incredibly unorganized venture do not seem unfounded - the schedule was unclear, and had I actually been on the publicity list as promised, I still would have missed the bands I actually wanted to see. After a lot of hassle, I canceled the story I was writing and headed home. But, hey, it's negligible. At least I got the day off of work, right?

Saw an astonishingly decent zombie cheapie yesterday: J.R. Bookwalter's "The Dead Next Door". Plenty of effort (if not funds) went into it, and it pays off with with lots and lots of gore, some of it really good, and a decent sense of humor. It wasn't a surprise on the order of "Hell of the Living Dead", but then, it's not Italian. I've long decided that I've already seen all the great zombie movies, but pleasant lowbrow discoveries like this justify the effort to see 'em all.

In an effort to get someone, anyone to post a reply on this stupid blog, I'm taking suggestions about what to do during the last week of my 20s. I turn 30 in exactly one week, so what should I do before then? It's already been suggested by some that I go gambling or that I "bang some hot bitches," but I'm hoping for something more realistic. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep listening to the new Benighted demo over and over; with songs as mesmerizing as this one, it won't be hard...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not try writing a book? A shortie one, like, a hundred pages, reflections back on the past ten years or something. Or anything. They say every journalist has a book in them... though, the follow-up line in that couplet is usually "and that's where it should stay."

6:18 PM, August 14, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

Have a beer & toast yourself... you're doin pretty good after all ;-) Happy birthday.

8:03 PM, August 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start your own esoteric t-shirt company!

7:42 AM, August 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegas, baby.

12:20 PM, August 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reduce the enjoyable bits of your twenties to a series of bullet points, and then attempt, a la the Reduced Shakespeare Company, to reenact the whole decade in a single day.

1:12 PM, August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home