6.27.2005

When only a Suffering Bastard will do

It's very early Tuesday, which signals one less day I can spend with Ginger before she rolls down to Springfield. Soon, I'll be able to claim a real destination when the urge to haul out of town strikes, but I'll certainly miss the lass. I mean, how many women would thank you for going to a zombie movie with her? That's just rad.

To send our plucky political prodigy off to that pit of hissing vipers, er, heart of Illinois democracy, we're planning an 8 p.m. gathering this Wednesday at the 42nd happiest place on Earth. To those of you who know the lady or have expressed interest in meeting her (you know who you are): We'll see you there. Hopefully, my car will not explode in the process.

On a less personal note, the new Demons & Wizards album will be in stores when I wake up. If I could stop listening to Terror Train, I could go to bed and be properly prepared. Rumor has it that if Hansi can sneak out of the Blind Guardian album sessions for a bit, he and Jon hope to do some live shows in the US this winter. News like that always takes the sting out of life's standard menu of frustration and disappointment.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kitten said...

So if the Hala Kahiki is the 42nd Happiest Place on Earth, what are the other 41?

9:49 AM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

Holy Shit - Deacon Freidrich X Spamburger is bloggin? Got here through Human Cartoon - how are ya?

10:04 AM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger SoulReaper said...

Kitten - Number 1 would be Disneyland... I'm a little foggy on numbers 2-41.

Laura - Holy shit indeed! Um, I'm OK. Howzabout you?

Ginger - Shucks. It's mutual.

7:46 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

Breathin', Bloggin & workin'.

12:27 PM, June 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to be there - you're probably suckin' down a Suffering Bastard as I type this - but I'm stuck in our nation's *primary* pit of hissing vipers, Washington DC. Light a Volcano for me, you fuckers!

10:27 PM, June 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. And Hala Kahiki needs a new webmaster. Gross!

10:29 PM, June 29, 2005  
Blogger eden said...

heya jeff. i'm the one keeping kyle hostage here in the swamp of suits. sorry about that. hey, also, i see you like the neverending story. that's my favorite book too! oh, and also also, i think it's totally creepy that you have a picture of me in your wallet. okay, maybe not creepy. maybe more..."swell." i have a shitty vocabulary.

10:32 PM, June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home