6.26.2005

Dust and discs

While the family's out roasting at Taste of Chicago, I'm enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon at home. My primary goal is re-organizing my CD collection into proper alphabetical order. I haven't done it since before Christmas, so you can imagine how long it takes to sort 3,000+ compact discs. Not to mention all the dust.

On the plus side, I'm finally paring down the alarmingly sizeable Dream Theater wing... I really don't like them enough to own so much of their catalogue. I blame James LaBrie and his glammy Canadian vocals. I love prog metal, but my taste is generally heavier and/or weirder. I prefer to make room for the upcoming Opeth record. Speaking of which, some clown played the track "The Grand Conjuration" on Sirius satellite radio the other day and now this low-quality mp3 is floating around. It's a little different, what with the keyboards, a new whispery vocal approach by Ã…kerfeldt and chugga-chugga riffs, but still first-class.

Saw "Batman Begins" yesterday... eh, it was OK. The back-story was somewhat interesting, but the drama seemed contrived and the action scenes were a bit bland. Sort of like "The Hulk," it would have been better had someone decided if it should be a summer popcorn adventure or a serious psychological study. Definitely not enough Scarecrow, a waste of the coolest Batman villain ever. It's better than the post-Burton Batflicks, but most movies not starring Rob Schneider are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home