12.28.2012

I need time to stop moving

Hope you're having the happiest of holidays! Mine have been pretty hectic and beset with health issues, but things are OK all things considered. I'm looking forward to making progress on a number of personal fronts in 2013. I mean, I have joined a sad little chain gym, so that's a positive, right? I get to listen to my podcasts in relative peace and sweat off a few calories in the process. Leaves me a little less time for writing, reading or watching my stories. No problem, really. I hadn't been doing much of the first two lately, and most of said stories are currently on hiatus. One year from now, I hope to be 2/3 the man I am today, but I'm not setting any unrealistic goals.

Moving on, here is something from the 81st through 100th new releases I heard from 2012, taking us up to the hazy days of late summer. I promised myself I'd at least catalog everything I listened to during the year. Who gives a tin shit if it extends into the next one? I have very little to say about most of the selections in this batch, so in the interest of everyone's time, I won't say anything at all. If something piques your interest and you want to know how I feel about it, just click the album title to read a review by someone else who more or less shares my opinion. I will only warn you that this is the weirdest hodgepodge of far-flung musical endeavors I will present for this year. Rock these jams, and I will catch you fabulous people next year.

1. Aesop Rock, "Cycles to Gehenna" (Skelethon, Rhymesayers)
2. Nachtmystium, "Silencing Machine" (Silencing Machine, Century Media)
3. Fang Island, "Asunder" (Major, Sargent House)
4. Testament, "Native Blood" (Dark Roots of Earth, Nuclear Blast)
5. Cloud Nothings, "Stay Useless" (Attack on Memory, Carpark)
6. Wodensthrone, "Wyrgthu" (Curse, Candlelight)
7. Public Enemy, "Hoover Music" (Most of My Heroes Still Don't Appear on No Stamp, Enemy)
8. Fiona Apple, "Left Alone" (The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do, Epic)
9. Philm, "Held in Light" (Harmonic, Ipecac)
10. Yppah, "Never Mess With Sunday" (Eighty One, Ninja Tune)
11. King of Asgard, "Bound to Reunite" (...to North, Metal Blade)
12. Now, Now, "Thread" (Threads, Trans)
13. A Forest of Stars, "A Prophet for a Pound of Flesh" (A Shadowplay for Yesterdays, Prophecy)
14. Kool A.D., "California Music Channel (feat. Trackademics)" (51, Greedhead/Mishka)
15. Unleashed, "Vinland" (Odalheim, Nuclear Blast)
16. Metric, "Synthetica" (Synthetica, Mom & Pop/Metric Music International)
17. The Levitation Hex, "Scratch a Life, Find a Thief" (The Levitation Hex, self-released)
18. Lords of Acid, "Drowning in Ecstasy (Album Version)" (Deep Chills, Metropolis)
19. Botanist, "Vriesea" (III: Doom in Bloom, TotalRust)
20. Mike Patton and Ictus Ensemble, "Untitled (Track 2)" (Laborintus II, Ipecac)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home